Update: Children under the age of 12 are not longer permitted to enter shopping malls, cooperative societies, supermarkets or stand alone retail establishment.
The Galleria Al Maryah opens its doors to the public today for the first time in over a month, following a closure of all malls in the UAE to help prevent the spread of covid-19.
The operating hours for the malls throughout Ramadan are from 12 noon to 9pm daily with Waitrose and Boots Pharmacy open from 9am to midnight.
The new directive allows retail stores to open as well as beauty and grooming salons, which will open for hair and nail appointments only with appropriate social distancing measures in place.
Entertainment venues will remain closed. Dining outlets are permitted to operate at 30% capacity with tables adjusted to 2.5 meters apart, allowing a maximum of two diners allowed per table. Take-away and home delivery service will still be available at these outlets and will be supported with online delivery options where applicable.
All mall employees have been tested for COVID-19 before returning to work and will have regular temperature tests when on site. Parking capacity is reduced to 50% and designated car park spaces are marked.
The following measures have been taken inside the mall to ensure public safety:
- All guests and employees must wear protective masks and gloves to enter the mall.
- Additional sanitizers have been installed in each bathroom.
- Signage advising social distancing has been strategically placed throughout all open areas.
- Retail outlets will accommodate one customer for every five square metres.
- Changing rooms are closed and no exchange of items permitted.
- Cashless payment is encouraged to reduce physical contact and a restriction on product trials including cosmetics and shoes is in place.
- All touch screens have been disabled.
- Elevator usage is restricted and only available for People of Determination and parents with strollers.
- Security robots will be deployed inside the mall to further reduce guest contact, while all customer service needs will be addressed through contactless tablet devices.
Additionally, seniors over the age of 60 will not be permitted into the mall to ensure their safety.
The Galleria joins other malls across the capital, including Yas Mall, which is also re-opening on May 2, 2020.